7.19.2010

a Venezia!



The boys picked me up from the train station in the boat, which was a first for me. 

It was Enrico's papa's boat, and we were Chris (Enrico's roommate from Ithaca), Tomaso and Mattia, two of Enrico's friends from growing up. 





Then we found this pretty girl and decided to bring her along too. 







I got really sad that the fish market was closed (it was Sunday afternoon), so I stood under the price list. 

But then Enrico took us to this cafeteria-like "choose-your-own" fresh seafood place, and I ordered a plate of squid in it's ink, sardines, octo salad, cod spread and some other amazingly fresh, pickled and cured ocean-based items. Chris was really excited to try things, and then Enrico asked how he liked the squid ink, and as soon as he realized what he was eating he declared it "abhorrently disgusting." 

He looks like he's having fun, but really he's just happy because I ate everything so that he didn't have to. 

Afternoon spritz cures everything, though. It doesn't take much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment