5.27.2010

giorno uno

Explored my new neighborhood (just off of Piazza Navona, quite close to Campo di Fiore and just across the river from Travestere). Found my jogging path (and yes, I saw runners on this path so I won't be the freak american jogger).


The picture of the river was taken from this sweet bridge, which connects my side of town to Travestere.



Wandered into Campo di Fiore, where I found this recommended bakery/pizzeria Antico Forno. I ordered pizza margherita, which is the only type of pizza I can order besides bianca (which they clearly didn't have).

The nice lady told me in rapid italian that they didn't have it...and maybe that I was a lousy italian speaker as well (who really knows?) so I got this one instead. Best 2EU I've spent since I arrived.

Rounded out the evening by sampling the stracciatella and guianduia gelato in Piazza Navona.


2 comments:

  1. MMmmmm. Since they didn't have what you came for, maybe Campo could have sent you home with that nice looking man behind the counter. Happy and delicious travels, friend. I'll be checking in on your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pheebs!!

    So psyched for you! You have to go have pizza at Da Baffetto. It's just off the Piazza Navona. Via del governo vecchio 114

    I'll be checking this out daily and eating vicariously!

    ReplyDelete