5.27.2010

il arrivo



I'm here, safe and sound. The shuttle bus service tried to take me for a 35EU ride, so instead I asked some nice looking Italian man (in Italian) how to get to the Centro. He responded in Italian and told me to take the Train...so I found the train station connected to the airport. At the ticket line there were some germans who had purchased too many tickets so they sold me one for 5EU. I then had to find the correct train by asking another Italian man who directed me to a different platform. Once off the train, I went up a flight of stairs, then back down, then up again to find the metro. (my bag is too heavy. this may be the first time I've ever over-packed. it's terrible).

I found the correct metro, and took it to the Colloseum stop. When I popped (or rather slugged) out of the underground, the Colloseum was RIGHT there, and so were a huge horde of pink tourists moving in packs. PACKED, literally. I then asked a waitress how to get to Piazza Navarra, and she told me to get on the 87 bus. So I hopped (lugged) onto the 87 bus, and took it to the stop I believed was close to the Piazza. Then I asked a nice storelady for a street, and she responded in rapid Italian, hugged me and sent me on my way. I then bumped along the cobblestone streets for about 25 minutes until I found a doorway that said "Cornell University" on it. Inside were pleasant staff who gave me keys! The whole trip cost me 10EU.

No comments:

Post a Comment