6.02.2010

ah, tennessee!

Juliette and I went last night to the English Theater in Rome to see "Ah Tennessee,"which was a production of three short plays by Tennesse Williams, each directed by a different person. In order, we saw "This Property is Condemned," "Talk to me like the rain and let me listen" and "The Long Goodbye." TPisC is one of my favorite short plays, but the acting wasn't so great this go-around. Talk To Me was, however, one of the best short plays I've ever seen produced: the actress was from Slovenia, and the actor from Rome and they put on a spectular, powerful and troubling performance. TLG was excellent as well, but not quite as deeply penetrating as Talk To Me. Seeing the shorts made me want to read the plays, and see more theater!

On the way home Juliette showed me (the other) Phoebe's favorite gelato shop, which had zanzera (ginger!), sicilian wine cream and four types of chocolate. I had already had gelato earlier in the day so I refrained, but I'm looking forward to going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment